Ross Hamilton MA. MSc. CSCS
I am an ex-international athlete having competed with the Irish Sailing team in the Finn class dinghy for over 5 years on the ISAF world cup circuit. I also campaigned for both London 2012 and Rio 2016 Olympic Games. While competing I decided to complete my Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology at Trinity College Dublin. Having achieved a distinction for my degree I realised I had a passion for discovering the best methods to promote human performance. I completed my Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) accreditation with the NSCA and constantly work to stay current with gold standard training methods. I worked for several years overseeing the High Performance Sport programme at Trinity College Dublin. Here I managed the planning and support for top sports teams and scholarship athletes.
Having coached a number of sports I have recognised my interest and ability in adopting different training strategies to achieve different goals. I have used my experience and knowledge to convert from a power based athlete into an endurance focused one. I am fascinated by finding out what works for individuals and have extensive experience and knowledge which allows me to create highly effective plans for all of my athletes.
I have tried and tested my theories and I have used them extensively in my own training. Having taken up the sport of triathlon relatively late I have been able to achieve many strong accolades in a short space of time.
2 x National AG 30-35 Champion (2018, 19)
ETU European Championship AG Bronze Medalist (2018)
National Series Team Champion (2019)
Challenge Championship Qualification (2019)
Fastest 30-35 AG Swim Dun Laoghaire 70.3 Ironman (2018)
Numerous National series race wins in Triathlon and Cycling Ireland Sanctioned Time trials.
- MSc Exercise Physiology (Distinction), Trinity College Dublin
- NSCA Registered Strength & Conditioning Coach (RSCC)
- NSCA Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS
- Ironman Certified Coach
- British weightlifting Level 1 award in Coaching Weightlifting
- Complete Human Performance, Hybrid Athlete Coaching Certification
- Heart Saver CPR AED
- Reps Level 4 personal trainer plus (Leisure Industry Academy)
- UKSCA Plyometrics, Agility and speed for sports performance
- UKSCA Weight lifting for sports performance
- UKSCA Planning effective programmes
- Crossfit Level 1 trainer
- WADA CoachTrue Anti-Doping Certificate